[GE users] Batch Cueing with SGE - other useful sites?

Marconnet, James E Mr /Computer Sciences Corporation james.marconnet at smdc.army.mil
Thu Mar 17 14:44:11 GMT 2005

Yesterday I ran into a User-developed page entitled: Batch Cueing with SGE.
It looked like a good start on a general get started/info page for SGE
users. Not sure if it was for 5.3 or 6. It mentioned several different types
of run requirements (hard and soft) that I had not run into before, so it
may have been 5.3. But still useful to the newbie user. In fact it explained
several subleties that I had not caught till I read it. Like that the SGE
options could either be imbedded in the shell file or included at the
command line after qsub. Nowhere in the documentation I've seen has there
been such a good explanation of these options and how to use them.

Batch Cueing with SGE (using Internet Wayback Machine since apparently it
was removed from their site a while ago):

Note: My employer blocked this site, so I had to go home to see it.

http://web.archive.org/web/20040316015434/http://www.lrz-muenchen.de/service
s/compute/linux-cluster/codine/

Also we recently here learned of:
Running Jobs on the Hoffman Cluster using the Sun Grid Engine (SGE)
http://www.ats.ucla.edu/at/beowulf/running_jobs/

Anyone else know of similar or even better resources on the web (beyond the
official Sun User's guide, Administrator's guide, Grid engine documentation,
etc.

Thanks,
Jim Marconnet