[GE users] GE versions

John Coldrick jc at axyzfx.com
Fri Mar 18 13:58:56 GMT 2005

On Friday 18 March 2005 08:13, Guillaume Evrard wrote:
> What more offers the enterprise edition compared to the open source version

	Primarily, support.  There's some other things too which the folks from Sun
may wish to elaborate on, but essentially they'll give you a higher level of
support.  For small/medium businesses, like us, the support on this list
between the Sun staffers and the users has been stellar and I can't imagine
needing anything more.  However, when you start getting into mission-critical
systems with thousands of nodes, I can see the argument for getting N1.  ;)

	More detailed and excellent description here:

	http://bioteam.net/dag/gridengine-6-features.html

	Cheers,

	J.C.

Houdini/Renderman/Discreet                           425 Adelaide St W
416-504-0425                                         Toronto, ON Canada
What garlic is to food, insanity is to art.