[GE users] GE versions

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 18 14:16:12 GMT 2005

--- Guillaume Evrard <gevrard at laas.fr> wrote:
> What is the difference between SGE, SG3E and N1GE ?
> What more offers the enterprise edition compared to
> the open source version ?

In SGE 5.x, Gridengine has 2 kinds of operating modes:
normal (SGE) and Enterprise Edition (SGEEE -> SG3E).
Both are opensource since they share the same source
tree.

N1GE is mainly the product name used by Sun, marketed
with the rest of the N1 products.

Note that SGE and SGEEE operating mode merged in SGE
6, you will get all the functionality in the default
mode. Also, the commercial version of SGE has the new
accounting module - see the link pointed by John's
mail for detail. Or read about it:

http://www.sun.com/software/gridware/datasheet.xml#7

 -Ron