[GE users] Monitoring Softwares...

Rayson Ho raysonho at eseenet.com
Fri Mar 18 21:45:01 GMT 2005

> We did evaluate the ARCO module but it seemed very clunky when
> we initially did the testing, and did not meet our needs.

Did you report that to Sun?? And if so, what is their answer??

I don't think it helps just to send something like: "it doesn't work",
"doesn't meet our needs"... better sit down with the authors and explain
why something is not working for you!!

> The
> requirements are standards for any business which is to be able
> to analyze the log files etc. I am surprised that some thing like
> this does not exist see how many folks have adopted SGE for their
> production needs.

You mean the accounting log file?? There were some scripts sent to this
list to analyse it. But since you said you have tried ARCO, don't you
simply generate an SQL query and get the info you want??

Rayson

>Again, If some one has a link to a package that can do this, I would
appriciate it if you could send it along.