[GE users] Altix Linux 64 ia64 cpus

Rayson Ho raysonho at eseenet.com
Sun Mar 20 06:47:57 GMT 2005

>I am a planing to install the SGE on Altix,  are there any users using
>SGE 6 with altix? or should i go with the 5.3?

For sure there are a few Altix users here...

You just simply need to use the IA64 Linux version of SGE, Altix is
basically Itanic/IA64 Linux with ProPack (CPUSet and add-ons) from SGI.

Both SGE 5.3 and 6.0 run on IA64 Linux. You can go to the download area to
get older versions:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentList

For latest versions, download or cvs checkout the source, and compile it
yourself.

>any hints or quick tutorials/howtos are appreciated

There's nothing special about the installation. SGE installs the same on
all platforms. So just follow the docs and howtos for Linux.

The only Altix specific feature IIRC is the CPUset and some accounting
features, Shannon released the integration last year:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/ReadMsg?list=users&msgId=19167

Rayson