[GE users] New site software: order of mailing lists/location of pages

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 21 01:07:35 GMT 2005

--- Reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de> wrote:
> although the new site software gives a fresh look, I
> found the following:

IMO, it looks similar to the layout of openoffice.org
:)

> 1) Order of mailing lists
> The latter one has the old order of the lists, which
> maybe nicer for the end users.

Agreed. I bookmarked the old page and it didn't bother
me. But for new users, the old one is easier to find
out which list to join.

Also, the "Documents & files" page layout may be
better  if it doesn't have the open folder icon and
the word gridengine.

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=0&expandFolder=0&folderID=0

Lastly, just wondering how other people look for
"issues" in the DB. When I query for all the issues,
it says that the query exceeds 500 :(

 -Ron