[GE users] GE versions (Windows support)

Rayson Ho raysonho at eseenet.com
Tue Mar 22 00:33:08 GMT 2005

Actually, a year or 2 ago, a few people compiled SGE 5.3 on Windows with
Cygwin.

The "port" was not good enough for production use beacuse Cygwin is not
secure:

http://www.cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/highlights.html

And the Cygwin license agreement only allows opensource applications to
link against it. (IMO, SGE is opensource. But need a lawyer to read the
license before someone can distribute the binaries)

However, I think Cygwin is not a bad solution for a submission only host.

Rayson