[GE users] sge v6.0u3 update from v6.0u1

Rayson Ho raysonho at eseenet.com
Tue Mar 22 01:05:38 GMT 2005

>failed miserably with "could not bind" errors

Did you get that from the qmaster log?? And did the qmaster process
actually fail over to the shadow host and then give you the "could not
bind" errors??

Also, how did you kill the master host??

>The qmaster ran fine for a week, but  now the CPU is up to 50% with
>nothing in the queue. I'm just waiting for the running jobs to
>complete before attempting a failover again.

Please turn on profiling... And also did you try Stephan's suggestion:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/ReadMsg?
list=users&msgNo=9898

Rayson