[GE users] SGE-6.0u3: High Priority Queue

Kamlesh Singh kamleshsinghus at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 19:49:53 GMT 2005

Hi ...
I'm using SGE-6.0u3,  I have a questions about Jobs suspension by
Priority cluster Queue over the Subordinate cluster Queue.
it seems Jobs suspension happens on Hosts/Queue level & not slots
level. is this correct behavior ????
Is this a "feaature" or a "bug" that a single job submitted in
priority.q suspends all the job slots on any host.???

we have created 2 queues "priority.q" & default "all.q"
all.q is subordinate of priority.q, on hosts with 4 CPU & 2 CPU job
slots on hosts.
when  the hosts are full i.e. 4 jobs & if any priority.q queue job
lands it suspends all 4 jobs on that host instead of just suspending 1
job slot.
Can  any one please confirm this, & what could be possible work arround.

Thanks
Regards