[GE users] hosed my sge on altix

Rayson Ho raysonho at eseenet.com
Tue Mar 22 20:38:29 GMT 2005

Where are you, BTW?? (Europe?)

The error is likely to be caused by the difference of the value returned by
the arch script.

For SGE 5.3, we return "ia64linux" for Linux running on the Itanic, but for
SGE 6.0, arch returns "lx26-ia64" (or lx24-ia64).

Do a grep, you will see 5 places where ia64linux are referenced, so
replacing them with lx26-ia64 should be OK.

And remember to use qmod to clear the queue error.

Rayson