[GE users] Installing execd problem (sge60u3)

Thu Mar 24 15:26:50 GMT 2005

Dear all,

How do I install execd on the compute nodes? On the master host, the
qmaster was installed without a problem. When I tried installing the
execd (./install_execd) on my nodes, I'm getting the following error:

<error>
Please enter cell name which you used for the qmaster
installation or press <RETURN> to use default cell >default< >>

Obviously there was no qmaster installation yet!
Call >install_qmaster<
on the machine which shall run the Grid Engine qmaster
</error>

The installation files on the compute node are pristine copies. Is the
installation procedure vastly different from 5.3?

Thanks,
Liming