[GE users] qmon doesn't work on RHEL4

Sean Dilda agrajag at dragaera.net
Mon Mar 28 16:28:00 BST 2005


    [ The following text is in the "ISO-8859-1" character set. ]
    [ Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-10" character set.  ]
    [ Some special characters may be displayed incorrectly. ]

Vijay Avarachen wrote:
> Tim,
>       I am running sge-6.0u3-2 (prebuilt bins from
> http://www.linux.duke.edu/~agrajag/RPMS/
> The hardware is dual PIII 866, 1 G RAM on each node, 3 SCSI drives
> running RH 9.0 (with no updates).  I tried to download the src rpm and
> rebuilt the rpm, but it failed with strange errors.
> 
> Vijay Avarachen
>  
> 
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 11:27:31 -0800, Tim Harsch <harsch1 at llnl.gov> wrote:
> 
>>I'd be interested to know how come your qmon links to
>>/usr/X11R6/lib/libXm.so.3 when mine doesn't....
>>I'm on a Dell Optiplex 280 ( P4 3.6Ghz), RHEL4 and SGE6.0u3 installed via
>>prebuilt libraries....
>>
>>Can you tell us arch and SGE version for your setup?
>>
>>----- Original Message -----
>>From: "Vijay Avarachen" <vavarachen at gmail.com>
>>To: <users at gridengine.sunsource.net>
>>Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2005 11:22 AM
>>Subject: Re: [GE users] qmon doesn't work on RHEL4
>>
>>
>>>Nitin,
>>>      Do you know why I get the following error when I try to run qmon:
>>>[root at spduslisclust01 rpm]# qmon
>>>qmon: relocation error: qmon: undefined symbol: _XmStrings22
>>>
>>>I have the following openmotif packages installed:
>>>[root at spduslisclust01 rpm]# rpm -qa | grep openmotif
>>>openmotif-devel-2.2.2-14
>>>openmotif-2.2.2-14
>>>openmotif21-2.1.30-8
>>>
>>>Here's some ldd info:
>>>[root at spduslisclust01 rpm]# ldd `which qmon`
>>>        libXltree.so => /usr/share/sge/lib/lx24-x86/libXltree.so
>>
>>(0x40017000)
>>
>>>        libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0x4002a000)
>>>        libXm.so.3 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXm.so.3 (0x4002d000)
>>>        libXpm.so.4 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXpm.so.4 (0x40276000)
>>>        libXt.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXt.so.6 (0x40285000)
>>>        libXext.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so.6 (0x402d7000)
>>>        libXmu.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXmu.so.6 (0x402e6000)
>>>        libX11.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6 (0x402fc000)
>>>        libSM.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libSM.so.6 (0x403db000)
>>>        libICE.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libICE.so.6 (0x403e4000)
>>>        libXp.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXp.so.6 (0x403fb000)
>>>        libm.so.6 => /lib/tls/libm.so.6 (0x40403000)
>>>        libpthread.so.0 => /lib/tls/libpthread.so.0 (0x40426000)
>>>        libc.so.6 => /lib/tls/libc.so.6 (0x42000000)
>>>        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 => /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x40000000)
>>>

I built those packages on a CentOS 3.3 box (a rebuild of RHEL3) box, 
which caused them to be linked against libXm.so.3.

Here are the openmotif packages I have on the build host:

openmotif-devel-2.2.3-4.RHEL3.4
openmotif-2.2.3-4.RHEL3.4

Not sure why I have a newer version of openmotif than you.  That doesn't 
sound right.

For what its worth, qmon does startup on my machines.  Although I never 
use it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe at gridengine.sunsource.net
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net




More information about the gridengine-users mailing list