[GE users] qmon doesn't work on RHEL4

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 29 04:27:46 BST 2005

--- Sean Dilda <agrajag at dragaera.net> wrote:
> Tim Harsch wrote:
> > That may explain the differences.  It looks as if
> you are picking someone
> > else's prebuilt RPMs, not one provided by the
> gridengine folks....
>
> Unfortunately, the gridengine folks don't provide
> RPMs.

RPMs may be nice if you only have Linux machines, but
when you have other OSes, then you need to go back to
tar.gz or tar.Z anyways.

Don't get me wrong -- I am sure many people benefit
from having SGE in RPM.

I just think that if we provide RPM, then people will
ask for .deb, and also Sun will also need to provide
SGE in the native packaging format. I would rather see
more advanced features than to see all developers
being package maintainers.

 -Ron