[GE users] Interest of cells and sge logins

Guillaume Evrard gevrard at laas.fr
Tue Mar 29 08:50:13 BST 2005

I don't understand the interest of cells. Why could we need 2 masters on the
same cluster of machines ? And in this case, how the execution demon can
manage with differents jobs coming from the two masters ?

Furthemore, I have seen the SGE login/user is linked to the Unix user (I've
seen qsub makes some "getuid()" to find the owner of the job). Can I test
managing policies without several unix logins ?
Must I cheat to test that, for instance in adding a "-u <user>" option in
qsub ?

Guillaume.