[GE users]remote progs of file creation not working as expected

Arati Kadav aratik at cse.iitk.ac.in
Tue Mar 29 14:52:06 BST 2005

Hello,
I use Sun Grid to invoke a java program that creates file on another
machine in /abc dir (not the users home directory that is NFS shared).
However my files are not getting created. Same program tested locally
creates the file.
Also in subsequent reference to that file I need to append(modify) to
those files. The way i do it is write in some temporary file in /tmp and
"mv" the file there. However this invariably erases my file.
What could be the issue and how to solve it.
Regards,
Arati