[GE users] Interest of cells and sge logins

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Mar 29 16:46:33 BST 2005

Hi,

cells are a way to share one SGE installation/master-node between two
(or more) (logical) clusters. So you will have two qmaster running on
this (head node) machine (each using separate ports for their
communication) - one for each cell of machines. On each node is only one
execd, and so it belongs to the one or the other cell. If you have two
departments, you can have a complete separation between them this way
with different setups.

There is no -u <user> for qsub (for qalter it has a different meaning),
so you have to login as the requested user to have a test under real
conditions.

CU - Reuti