[GE users] How to get shutdown/startup working on Redhat/SUSE

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 30 01:24:54 BST 2005

Thanks, I just looked at your issue #1528.

Off topic a bit, I was reading this blog:
http://blogs.sun.com/lianep
http://mediacast.sun.com/share/lianep/t-smf-general-march-2005.pdf

And learned something about smf in Solaris 10. I don't
fully understand how it works yet, but it is supposed
to make services Self-Healing, and also allow parallel
startup of services. I will see if using smf can buy
us anything.

 -Ron