[GE users] FW: Pick nodes from one queue plus 1 node from another queue

William Burke wburke999 at msn.com
Wed Mar 30 14:47:11 BST 2005

Hi,

<Snip>
> you don't need a special queue to set up for the FatQueue machine. You
> can submit with "-masterq QueueA.q at myhost" in qsub.

The thing is if I pick myhost to be masterq what happens if that host is
busy with another job and there are other host that can be picked.

The robustness that I need in SGE is for it to arbitrarily pick those M-1
nodes from the QueueA.q and the Mth one from FatQueueB.q. I do not see how
the "-masterq QueueA.q at myhost" in qsub will achieve this. Help me to
understand your suggestion.

I think that PBS's qsub has a way to specify a queue and the number of nodes
from that queue - Queue:Num_nodes
Does SGE have this built in functionality?

William