[GE users] Interest of cells and sge logins

Guillaume Evrard gevrard at laas.fr
Thu Mar 31 10:15:35 BST 2005

So, without usermapping, as the job executes with the submitter id, each
sbumitter needs to be known on each execution host of the grid... It seems
to me problematic if the grid covers some domains ( Several firms,
laboratory or educationnal institutions which would share their resources )
, because user A from firm X won't be recognized by authentification server
of lab Y...

In practice, differents admins unify logins and paswd ? Or in most of cases,
the grid is on a single domain ?
Is it in this case, that usermapping is needed ?