[GE users] Interest of cells and sge logins

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Mar 31 10:54:22 BST 2005

Quoting Guillaume Evrard <gevrard at laas.fr>:

> So, without usermapping, as the job executes with the submitter id, each
> sbumitter needs to be known on each execution host of the grid... It seems

Yes.

> to me problematic if the grid covers some domains ( Several firms,
> laboratory or educationnal institutions which would share their resources )
> , because user A from firm X won't be recognized by authentification server
> of lab Y...

This is not part of SGE on it's own - for such a scenario you will use Globus
in addition.

> In practice, differents admins unify logins and paswd ? Or in most of

Yeah, this is a problem of communication and historical growth inside one
company over the last years. In addition may have different groups also.

> cases,
> the grid is on a single domain ?

One "cluster" is usually inside a single company. And the combination of
clusters makes up the grid.

> Is it in this case, that usermapping is needed ?

CU -Reuti