[GE users] batch job execution behaviour

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Mar 31 22:40:09 BST 2005

Hi Mark,

also noted!

It was more meant, that it will work exactly as stated there on Linux.
For other platforms you will e.g. need a light variation of the ps command to
check the process distribution ("ps -auxo pid,ppid,pgid,command" - and no
forest available on Macs? - so it's a little bit harder to check whether it's
working in the intended way), as on Macs the process group is pgid, not pgrp in
the ps command. I'll rephrase the sentence, to avoid confusion - thx.

Up to now I had one feedback that it's working on Macs, but only with an
allocation rule of 2 (not $round_robin) and the changed ps command in the
lamd_wrapper. Maybe we can look into this issue in PM, after you prepared the
things. Then I could update the Howto to include more detailed information also
for this platform.

Cheers - Reuti