[GE users] migrating the qmaster

Sebastian Stark stark at tuebingen.mpg.de
Mon May 2 12:14:27 BST 2005

I want to migrate the qmaster from one host to another and move the sge
installation directory to another NFS server at the same time.

The question is if the "sgemaster -migrate" script is of any use then. Does it
do any more magic than shutting down the daemons on one host, starting them
on the other one and changing the act_qmaster configuration file? Do I have
to use it for some other reason?

Can I do this by hand as well? I don't mind if there is some downtime.

-Sebastian

--
Sebastian Stark -- http://www.kyb.tuebingen.mpg.de/~stark
Max Planck Institute for Biological Cybernetics