[GE users] creating new log when a job exits with exit code 99

Haim Ashkenazi haim at babysnakes.org
Tue May 3 10:55:07 BST 2005

Hi

I'm trying to integrate SGE with FlexLM. following the howto, I wrote a
little shell script that searches the log to check if the job didn't run
because of a missing license, and if so it exits with code 99 (like the
last part of the howto). my problem that if the job exits with code 99,
in the next run it appends to the same log so I always find this error,
even if the next time it runs successfully.
One option is to make a more complicated search the search for job start
and then searches for the error, but that is not very elegant. I was
wondering if there's a way to tell qsub to replace the previous log, or
delete it's content when a job re-runs.

I use SGE 6.

thanx
--
Haim

    [ Part 2, "This is a digitally signed message part" ]
    [ Application/PGP-SIGNATURE (Name: "signature.asc") 196 bytes. ]
    [ Unable to print this part. ]