[GE users] sge stopped: error: getting configuration:

Patrice Hamelin phamelin at clumeq.mcgill.ca
Tue May 3 14:27:08 BST 2005

   My qmaster stopped since a couple of hours and I cannot restart it.
I always have:

[root at stokes common]#  /etc/init.d/sgemaster start
    starting sge_qmaster
    starting sge_schedd
error: getting configuration: unable to contact qmaster using port 536
on host "stokes.clumeq.mcgill.ca"
can't get configuration from qmaster -- waiting ...

   thanks for help!
--
Patrice Hamelin ing, M.Sc.A, CCNA
Systems Administrator