[GE users] high CPU load for sge_qmaster

Sean Dilda agrajag at dragaera.net
Tue May 3 17:20:53 BST 2005

    [ The following text is in the "ISO-8859-1" character set. ]
    [ Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-10" character set.  ]
    [ Some special characters may be displayed incorrectly. ]

christian reissmann wrote:
> Hi Sean,
> it might be possible that one or more execd overwrite the default
> load_report_time. You can check this with qconf:
> qconf -sconf EXECD_HOSTNAME | grep load_report_time
> in combination with qping -dump you can try to isolate hosts which
> very often send message to qmaster.

I have no local configurations.

[sean at head4 sean]$ ls -l $SGE_ROOT/default/common/local_conf
total 0
[sean at head4 sean]$

I ended up restarting my sge_qmaster.  It hasn't started using the high 
CPU load yet (although I expect it will within the next 24 hours).  I 
went ahead and ran the -dump for a minute while it wasn't using much CPU 
time.  There were 644 messages in that minute.  When qmaster was at full 
load, I got 3016 messages in 5 minutes, which comes out to 603 messages 
per minute.

So, after restarting, I'm getting just as many messages, and averaging 
less than 1% cpu usage. (as opposed to being constantly at 100% cpu usage).

To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe at gridengine.sunsource.net
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net

More information about the gridengine-users mailing list