[GE users] question about scripts with X display

Magnus Söderberg magnus.soderberg at switchcore.com
Wed May 4 10:05:24 BST 2005

Hej.

Chris Duke wrote:
> 2. I'm wondering if anybody else is doing
> this,
Not really.
>and if so are there any suggestions you can offer?
I do know however that Astro needs an X-server even when running in batch mode, something
it starts by itself. My guess is that it has calls to X here and there and rather than
fixing the tool the just start an Xserver as a sort of graphical equivalence to /dev/null.
There is at least the interesting binary "NullXServer" in the Astro installation.
Perhaps that could be a solution?

--
Magnus Söderberg, M.Sc.E.E.
Staff Engineer