[GE users] Default queue state for rebooted machines?

Robert Griffiths Robert.Griffiths at mitsubishi-sec-intl.com
Wed May 4 10:11:39 BST 2005

Morning all,

I was just wondering if there is a way to configure SGE (version 5.3p6) in
such a way that when a known machine/execution host reboots itself (for
whatever reason) and becomes operational again, it should not automatically
be placed in the set of active execution hosts? Something as simple as
starting all queueus in disabled mode would be ideal.

Our jobs rely on data being uploaded into shared memory before they can run
and, because the machine rebooted and was devoid of our data in its shared
memory, SGE sent huge amounts of jobs to that machine because it was
processing them so quickly. We would have been better off if the machine had
remained dead!

Any ideas if this is possible? If it is possible but only in N1Grid, then
please let me know as we will be migrating to 6.0.4 (or whatever the then
current version) later on this year.

Cheers,

Rob

Mitsubishi Securities International plc ('MSI') is
registered in England, company number 1698498 and
registered office at 6 Broadgate, London EC2M 2AA.
MSI is part of the Mitsubishi Tokyo Financial Group
and is authorised and regulated by The Financial
Services Authority. This message is intended solely
for the individual addressee named above. The
information contained in this e-mail is confidential
and may be legally privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient please delete in its entirety.
Messages sent via this medium may be subject to
delays, non-delivery and unauthorised alteration.
The information contained herein or attached hereto
has been obtained from sources we believe to be
reliable but we do not represent that it is accurate
or complete. Any reference to past performance should
not be taken as an indication of future performance.
The information contained herein or attached hereto
is not to be construed as an offer or solicitation to
buy or sell any security, instrument or investment.
MSI or any affiliated company, may have an interest,
position, or effect transactions, in any investment
mentioned herein. Any opinions or recommendations
expressed herein are solely those of the author or
analyst and are subject to change without notice.