[GE users] [ANNOUNCE] SGE Integration packages for Globus Toolkit 4 now available

David McBride dwm at doc.ic.ac.uk
Wed May 4 10:21:43 BST 2005

Hello all,

> What is the license for the package?  The folks who maintain the Virtual
> Data Toolkit (VDT), which is used by many large collaborations, wanted
> to include the jobmanager for SGE (from LeSC) in their toolkit, but they
> had a difficult time getting clarifcation on the license.

After some internal discussion, we've decided to release all of our SGE
integration packages under the GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL).
The VDT maintainers are welcome to include our software in their
release.

> 1) Melvin sent to the list about the SGE-Globus
> integration done by GTRC. That one is based on yours
> with some bugs fixed, and new features added.
>
> Does your new version include his fixes?

No, I'm afraid it doesn't -- I only found saw that announcement after
our codebase was frozen for release.  However, if the developers have no
objection, I would like to review their improvements and incorporate
them into our main packages.

Would this be okay?  Feel free to contact me off-list.

> 2) Also, any chance we can get the integration into
> the standard globus distribution on their webpage?

It's possible, but that decision is up to the Globus developers.  I
mailed Ian with the original release announcement so they definitely
know that the packages exist, but we'll have to wait and see if they add
it to their distribution.

Cheers,
David
--
David McBride <dwm at doc.ic.ac.uk>
Department of Computing, Imperial College, London

    [ Part 2, "This is a digitally signed message part" ]
    [ Application/PGP-SIGNATURE (Name: "signature.asc") 196 bytes. ]
    [ Unable to print this part. ]