[GE users] Default queue state for rebooted machines?

Fred L Youhanaie fly at anydata.co.uk
Wed May 4 10:36:26 BST 2005

Hi Rob,

The enabled/disabled state of a queue/host is stored within the qmaster
rather than the execd on the node.

One simple solution I can think of is to stick 'qmod -d ...' inside the
sge startup script on each node, let the execd to startup and then
manually enable it afterwards.

Alternatively, you can always make the startup script loop/wait for the
presence of a flag file which is created after the shared data is
loaded. Or, How about a loadsensor that indicates the presence of the
shared data on each node? ...

HTH

Cheers
f.