[GE users] Default queue state for rebooted machines?

Robert Griffiths Robert.Griffiths at mitsubishi-sec-intl.com
Wed May 4 11:59:09 BST 2005

That sounds interesting, Reuti. The queue is *mostly* dedicated to one
program so a queue prolog which would send the queue to 'E' state on error
could be fine.

I can't seem to find very much information regarding prolog scripts in any
of my documentation nor anything that useful from Google. How does one
enable such a script?

Presumably, my prolog script should do something like the following:

1)	Do an 'ipcs -m' and look for segments owned by the appropriate user.
2)	Check that the size of the segments is within some acceptable range
(it changes daily...)
3)	Check that the creation time is within 24 hours or so (weekends
could be tricky...)
4)	if one or more these is false, then exit(-1) from the script,
otherwise we're good to go

Any idea if I can force a queue into error state by getting the application
itself to throw something appropriate?

Cheers,

Rob