[GE users] Default queue state for rebooted machines?

Robert Griffiths Robert.Griffiths at mitsubishi-sec-intl.com
Wed May 4 15:15:21 BST 2005

Hi Fred & Reuti,

-----Original Message-----
From: Fred L Youhanaie [mailto:fly at anydata.co.uk]
Sent: 04 May 2005 14:40
To: users at gridengine.sunsource.net
Subject: Re: [GE users] Default queue state for rebooted machines?

> Hi Rob,
>
> (strangely your email is from 11:26, but I've only just received it from
> collabnet!)

Yup - noticed that as well... The list was strangely quiet late
afternoon/early morning...

Between you guys, I think that the most elegant solution is a perl script
which queries our shm segments (though I do still like the qmod -d option in
the startup script!). The segments have the same hex key even though their
contents change, so that should still be do-able.

My colleagues also think that this is an elegant solution, which means, I
guess, that I'll be looking to implement it at some point soon ;-) Better
dust-off that PERL book!

Many thanks for your help,

Rob

Mitsubishi Securities International plc ('MSI') is
registered in England, company number 1698498 and
registered office at 6 Broadgate, London EC2M 2AA.
MSI is part of the Mitsubishi Tokyo Financial Group
and is authorised and regulated by The Financial
Services Authority. This message is intended solely
for the individual addressee named above. The
information contained in this e-mail is confidential
and may be legally privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient please delete in its entirety.
Messages sent via this medium may be subject to
delays, non-delivery and unauthorised alteration.
The information contained herein or attached hereto
has been obtained from sources we believe to be
reliable but we do not represent that it is accurate
or complete. Any reference to past performance should
not be taken as an indication of future performance.
The information contained herein or attached hereto
is not to be construed as an offer or solicitation to
buy or sell any security, instrument or investment.
MSI or any affiliated company, may have an interest,
position, or effect transactions, in any investment
mentioned herein. Any opinions or recommendations
expressed herein are solely those of the author or
analyst and are subject to change without notice.