[GE users] qalter individual array tasks?

Beth Meyer beth at wildbrain.com
Wed May 4 19:16:11 BST 2005

Hello,

I'm trying to use the -t option with qalter to change the priority of
certain tasks in an array job; but I keep getting the message

denied: the selected option works only on jobs and not on tasks

The command I am using is 'qalter -p 300 265 -t 100'.

I'm using 6.0u3.

The goal is to increase the priority of certain tasks in an array;
because these tasks are most indicative of the success or failure of the
array as a whole. Basically, if task x is no good, the whole job is no
good; so delete it and start over.

Do I simply have the syntax wrong, or is it realy impossible to alter
the priority of individual tasks?

Is there a list somewhere of the things that can be changed on a per
task basis? I've looked in the User Guide, the Admin Guide, and the man
page for qalter; but I haven't seen anything indicating limitations on
qalter -t.

Thanks,

Beth