[GE users] "Warning: no access to tty; thus no job control in this shell..."

Tim Harsch harsch1 at llnl.gov
Wed May 4 22:24:23 BST 2005

Thanks Reuti,
I changed to unix_behavior and still get the problem.  I moved my .cshrc to
.cshrc_old and ran a test job and still get the problem.

I just ran a test job on a SGE5.3 cluster set with same shell_start_mode and
login_shells and it does not have the problem.

Do you think there is something in the RHEL4 login files that could be doing
it?

$ qconf -sconf
global:
execd_spool_dir              /usr/local/SGE/SGE60u3/default/spool
mailer                       /bin/mail
xterm                        /usr/bin/X11/xterm
load_sensor                  none
prolog                       none
epilog                       none
shell_start_mode             unix_behavior
login_shells                 sh,ksh,csh,tcsh