[GE users] Questions

Schmitz Dale M Contr 20 IS/INPG Dale.Schmitz at offutt.af.mil
Fri May 6 14:57:30 BST 2005

I've been trying to decipher the meaning of some basic information
attached to the queues on my grid engine.  I'm still dealing with the
basics, so this question is along those lines.

Load_threshold: All my queues have a default load_threshold of 1.75.  As
I understand it, if the engine sees more than 1.75 jobs assigned to that
queue, it won't assign any more.  If I have that correct, no more than 1
job will be assigned to that queue, regardless of the fact that I have
two slots for that queue.

Am I interpreting this correct?

TIA

Dale