[GE users] Failure to get kerberos credentials

Jan Schumacher jschumac at physik.uni-bonn.de
Mon May 9 08:52:41 BST 2005

Hello everyone,

we are trying to get SGE running with kerberos 5 ticket passing support. After
using the information in
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/ReadMsg?list=users&msgNo=8441 to get
SGE (6.0u3) to compile with kerberos support I get the following error from
qsub:

"
get_cred stderr: GSS-API error initializing context: Miscellaneous failure
get_cred stderr: GSS-API error initializing context: Server not found in
Kerberos database
warning: could not get credentials

Cannot set job credentials.
"

Apparently, get_cred has a problem and shows the same error when executed
stand-alone. The error message seems to indicate that there are no principals
for the host, but to the best of my knowledge I followed the release
instructions. I created a total of four principals for the test host:
x/fqdn at KRB-DOMAIN, where x is {sge, sge_qmaster, sge_schedd, sge_execd}.
Am I missing something?

Please excuse me if this has been answered before or is painfully obvious, but
I am stumped. Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Jan

P.S.: Sending again, first message may have been sent before registration was
completed -- apologies if you get this twice.