[GE users] writing to a single log file

Chris Duke chris.duke at novas.com
Mon May 9 20:02:43 BST 2005

We would like to write the results from grid jobs into a custom file (we
generate more output than just complete status). We have found that when
we simply try and write to a log file (on a shared NFS mount), the jobs
tend to write all over each other, and the output is unusable. We plan
on scaling this to several hundred slots, so the potential conflicts are
huge. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

--chris

PS. Thanks to everybody who participates in this group. It's fantastic
to see such an active community.