[GE users] high CPU load for sge_qmaster

Sean Dilda agrajag at dragaera.net
Tue May 10 12:35:12 BST 2005

Stephan Grell - Sun Germany - SSG - Software Engineer wrote:
> Sean Dilda wrote:
>
>> christian reissmann wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Sean, Stephan
>>>
>>> FYI: Your using 60u3 in CSP mode, the CSP framework was reworked for the
>>> 60u4 release. May it be an option for you to switch to 60u4?
>>

>> I plan on switching to 6.0u4 at some point.  However, even if 6.0u4
>> was final today, I wouldn't be able to do the cluster-wide outage to
>> upgrade until at least mid-June.
>

> The upgrade should be painless. Please have a look at the release notes
> when u4 is available. It isjust an exchange of the binaries.

Do u3 execd's work with a u4 qmaster?  Given past experience and the
statements about all the changes in the commlib, I would assume not.  As
such, I have to do a scheduled outage of the cluster to upgrade.  Since
this is a production cluster that's experiencing the problems, I also
need to test it out with the features we use just in just in case.
Sometimes there are regressions in newer versions and I'd rather catch
them before I put the code on my production machine.

What's the current plan for when the 6.0u4 code will be finalized?