[GE users] SGE resources and job queues.

Jon Savian worknit at gmail.com
Wed May 11 19:46:49 BST 2005

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to allocate resources on a cluster, so i followed the
steps here: http://gridengine.sunsource.net/project/gridengine/howto/resource.html.
 Lets say i created two resources, we'll call them resource1 and
resource2.  I want to be able to run large job using resource2, but if
there are a lot of smaller jobs queued to run on resource2 then the
larger job will have to wait until the smaller ones execute.  Is there
any way to move smaller jobs from the nodes on resource2 and put them
on resource1 (or any other non-resource2 nodes for that matter) so
that the larger job may run on resource2 ASAP?  Or even better, are
there any priorities that can be set with the larger job that will put
it before the smaller ones?

Thanks.

Jon