[GE users] V6 scheduler woes

McCalla, Mac macmccalla at hess.com
Wed May 11 20:11:21 BST 2005

Thanks for replying Reuti,

I believe the setting of the 2 flush_* variables to zero causes the
scheduler to run continuously.  This was the intent since it is running
on a dedicated server.      This setting however,
in turn apparently causes the output from qconf -tsm to not terminate, a
situation that might have
dire consequences if it fills up the file system.  BTW, cycling the
qmaster/schedd did have the desired
effect of stopping the output from qconf -tsm.    If this is expected
behavior from qconf -tsm, then fine,
this is just a cautionary note.  If not, I will be glad to open it as a
problem.

Regards,

Mac