[GE users] Adding exec hosts to SGE via qconf

Andy Moran andy at wildbrain.com
Thu May 12 00:40:14 BST 2005

My apologies if this has been asked before.

I notice qconf has the ability to add an execution host using either the
-ae or -AE flags.  Previously we thought we had to run inst_sge on the
client machine.. Besides the init scripts (which we are going to
distribute in another way anyway, if SGE is entirely on NFS, is there
any reason I can't use qconf instead of running the installer on the
client machine?  That is to say, does qconf -ae do everything the
installer does in regard to setting up the proper files?

Thanks!