[GE users] N1GE 6.0 qsub and terminal display question

Doug Staub rstaub at arrow.com
Thu May 12 18:26:33 BST 2005

Greetings,

I am trying to get qsub to output the content from scripts to the user's
terminal from where the qsub command originated - is this possible?  I
am told that users of LSF can issue a command that mirrors the output to
the user's terminal, but I have not found anything that is supported by
grid engine.

I need to restrict users from using qsh, qlogin, or qrsh and invoking
xterm windows on the Grid as users typically will leave these xterms
running when they are done and I need a more efficient way that having
the user track down their job ID number and tailing the output from the
script.  Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Doug
rstaub at arrow.com