[GE users] N1GE 6.0 qsub and terminal display question

Doug Staub rstaub at arrow.com
Thu May 12 19:27:56 BST 2005

Reuti,

Maybe the only option is to tail the output file to see what the
submitted job is doing - one thought was to spawn a qsub job within to
create an xterm tailing the output like:

qsub -b yes -v DISPLAY 'xterm -e tail -f <output file name>'

But I was hoping that you could just specify on the line containing "#$
-o " to point to a pseudo terminal.  Maybe this could be an enhancement
to the next release of N1GE 6.

Thanks for the help - FWIW, I like the response of this forum much
better than that of the support that comes with buying Sun GRID Engine
(typically, two or three days to get back to me on questions like this).

Thanks,
Doug