[GE users] xhost+ on newer linux, was N1GE 6.0 qsub and terminal display question

Magnus Söderberg magnus.soderberg at switchcore.com
Fri May 13 09:55:29 BST 2005

Reuti wrote:

> Then the exec node don't need to
> be a submit host, and you are not wasting a slot. But using this you might need
> xhost +<clusternodes>. With newer Linux releases the xhost is no longer honored
> I found.
In FC3 you need to edit /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf and set DisallowTCP=false, otherwise all
external x-connections goes to /dev/null it seems. Once this is fixed xhost
+<clusternodes> works fine (and I have turned off all the SElinux stuff since I don't
understand it anyway).
Might that be what you suffer from?

cheers

Magnus