[GE users] Adding many nodes (was: xhost+ on newer linux, was N1GE 6.0...)

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri May 13 17:56:43 BST 2005

Hi Martin,

although it is not a direct answer to your question: I always install one execd
(and maybe on the headnode - which could be shutdown and removed later again).
Then use a simple loop when adding/changing many entries in SGE:

qconf -ahgrp @myrinet
qconf -ahgrp @ether

without adding anything inside, then something like:

for i in `seq -w 1 123`; do qconf -ah myri$i; done
for i in `seq -w 1 45`; do qconf -ah ether$i; done

for i in `seq -w 1 123`; do qconf -aattr hostgroup hostlist myri$i @myrinet;
done
for i in `seq -w 1 45`; do qconf -aattr hostgroup hostlist ether$i @ether; done

and attaching the hostgroups to two cluster queues. Starting the execd
afterwards on all nodes and it should work (assumed the already setup
import/export of $SGE_ROOT, NIS,... on the nodes).

Cheers - Reuti

PS: As it was just on the list: please don't open a new thread by using
'reply'. This will all go to the original thread.

Quoting lukacm at pdx.edu: