[GE users] question about qrsh and qsub

Rayson Ho raysonho at eseenet.com
Fri May 13 19:01:46 BST 2005

qsub usually comsumes less resource than qrsh, because there is no need to
forward the file descriptors (stdin/out/err) back to the submission host.

However, "qsub -sync" uses file descriptors in qmaster, see MAX_DYN_EC in
sge_conf(5). If you want to be notified when the jobs are done, you can
also try qevent.

Rayson