[GE users] Problem starting sge_execd

Gary Thomas gthomas at ForteDS.com
Mon May 16 18:39:39 BST 2005

Hi, I hope someone has a suggestion for me.  We have a running GRID with
30+ nodes on it but I'm

Having problems getting sge_execd started on one of the nodes.  If I use
the startup script sgeexecd,

I get not error messages, and nothing gets written to the spool
directory messages file.  If I start

Sge_execd directly, I get the following error message.

error: commlib error: endpoint is not unique error (endpoint
"pgh-grid33.forteds.com/execd/1" is already connected)

error: getting configuration: unable to contact qmaster using port 537
on host "pgh-grid00.forteds.com"

can't get configuration from qmaster -- waiting ...

error: there is already a client endpoint pgh-grid33.forteds.com/execd/1
connected to qmaster service

sge_execd is not running on this node.  It looks like something is
confused.  Any clues?

Thanks,

GT

Gary Thomas
Senior Software Engineer

FORTE Design Systems                        Tel: (425)869-4227 x116
16150 NE 85th Street, Suite 214            Fax: (425)869-4229
Redmond, WA 98052

email: gthomas at ForteDS.com                          WEB:
http://www.ForteDS.com <http://www.forteds.com/>