[GE users] [ANNOUNCE] SGE Integration packages for Globus Toolkit 4 now av

bogdan at gridwisetech.com bogdan at gridwisetech.com
Mon May 16 22:07:35 BST 2005

Dear All,

Let me answer the question about bugs in the thread
"[GE users] [ANNOUNCE] SGE Integration packages for Globus Toolkit 4 now
avai" informing about another existing version of GT 3.4.[4,5] - SGE 6.0
Integration packages (done by Gridwise Technologies).
The presented version of Integration has been created partially in
cooperation with London e-Science Centre. It contains some significant
changes in comparison with the version released by LeSC.
Announced set of the GPT packages contains:
- SGE and DRMAA interfaces,
- globus-scheduler-provider-sge,
- fixed bugs mentioned on http://www.apgrid.org/globus-sge/index.html (See
mail sent by Melvin Koh
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/ReadMsg?list=users&msgNo=10807).
Two bugs
(jobs could not be executed and canceled for $SGE_CELL other than
"default" and
the script interpret the command line as no arguments if the first
argument is 0) has been fixed after
Melvin's email (Thanks for pointing it !).

The Integration software is available on:
http://www.gridwisetech.com/?page=17
(GPT packages: http://www.gridwisetech.com/sge-gt/gpt/ and doc on:
https://gridwise.pnet.com.pl/test/resources/sge6_gt4/integration_description.pdf).

In case of problems please feel free to send email to:
http://grid-scape.org/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&Itemid=45&func=showcat&catid=8
(reaction of authors will be faster).

Cheers,

Bogdan