[GE users] Checkpointing

Justus Loerke loerke at molgen.mpg.de
Tue May 17 08:48:19 BST 2005

Hi,

I'm having some problems implementing checkpointing on our machines. I'm
looking for kernel-level or lib-level checkpointing for a RedHat EL3
x86_64 kernel 2.4.21-27; I've looked at Condor and Berkeley
Checkpointing libs, but both seem to have major issues with 64bit
architectures: Condor (specifically condor_compile) drops out of
compilation (Spider compilation with pgi, compilation runs fine w/o
Condor) with 32/64bit libs conflicts and BCRL simply refuses to install
on 64bit architecture.
Does anyone have kernel- or lib-level checkpointing set up on a 64bit
environment with GE? Are there any other checkpointing libs out there,
that I haven't found yet? Or do I have to go back to user-level
checkpointing? I'd welcome all insights or pointing in the right direction.

Thanks,
Justus

Dipl. Phys. Justus Loerke
- UltraStrukturNetzwerk -
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics
Ihnestr. 63-73
D-14195 Berlin

Tel.:   +49-30-8413-1644
Fax:    +49-30-8413-1385