[GE users] Checkpointing

Justus Loerke loerke at molgen.mpg.de
Wed May 18 17:49:13 BST 2005

Thanks for your replies; I checked out some of the solutions on
checkpointing.org already, but so far most of them suffer from the same
problems as Condor, namely restricted to 32bit, no open network
connections or single threads... Unfortunately, none of that is really
an option, since the back-conversion to 32bit would decrease computing
speed with our applications by about 30%. So far, the most promising
approach seems to be going into the source and add some crude
checkpointing (to avoid file corruption, which is my main concern) manually.
Thanks ,
Justus

Dipl. Phys. Justus Loerke
- UltraStrukturNetzwerk -
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics
Ihnestr. 63-73
D-14195 Berlin

Tel.:   +49-30-8413-1644
Fax:    +49-30-8413-1385