[GE users] in what case(s) is SGE host_aliases consulted?

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri May 20 00:09:27 BST 2005

Chris,

if I understand you in the right way, your master has two network interfaces,
and the primary one is the 192.168.1/24, which is going to the outside world
through a firewall. Clients are in a different private net on the second
network card with only one network card on their own.

In this case, you need just one entry in the host_aliases file, something like:

master full.qualified.internal.name

(inside your organization) and in /etc/hosts:

192.168.2.254 master

(okay, your address of the master of course - and the internal IP of the
cluster). I have exactly this setup (and a completely different external FQDN
for the master) and it's working.

Cheers - Reuti